• Welcome to Forum Astronomskog Magazina. Please login or sign up.

Google Earth

Started by sashastar, December 10, 2005, 01:03:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stefan

Cuo sam ja!!!

There is a better 3D virtual world for viewing the solar system, galaxy and universe. It's called Celestia...it's free and has MANY features that Google Earth doesn't have that makes viewing planets / stars / nebulae, etc just like being there (Google Earth has features for viewing Earth that are unique, to its credit).

Celestia has bump maps (for terrain texture), cloud layers, solar flares, etc and best of all, the millions of stars and hundreds of thousands of galaxies available are plotted in the same layout of the actual universe.

Go to www.shatters.net/celestia - for space touring.

For essential add-ons / guided tours: www.celestiamotherlode.net

For Earth viewing, I prefer Google Earth though. I'm excited to see the software evolve.

stefan

pa kazu da je bolje

wexy

Nemojte da mešate stvari, GE nema nikakve veze sa Celestiom niti su to programi iz iste kategorije -- GE nije program za astronomiju.

Skyw@lker

Pa naravno! Ne znam sta je Stefan hteo da kaze, ali Celestia je odlican program nema sta ali nije mu ista funkcija kao Google Earth-u... Jeste da iz Celestije moze da se posmatra i Mars (ako se skinu detaljne mape) ali ja sam mislio na specijalizovan program koji ima isti interface kao Google Earth samo sto je umesto zemlje mapa Marsa.
"Covek zivi u konacnom svetu, ali njegova masta ne."

stefan

evo jedne zanimljive slike "sudar"